Happy 2018!



Yay!  It's a fresh new year and it's good to be back.

How are you all doing?  Did you have a lovely little festive break?

We had a good one here at chez CH.  The pace was laid back, relaxed and slow.  Partly because it was our turn for the 'light and easy year' as far as the Family Christmas Catering Rotation System™ goes and partly because Hubs and I took turns at being ill throughout the season, so that tended to dictated matters a bit.  Still, lurgy apart, the rest and calm was much appreciated here.

School's are not back yet and I'm only just starting to feel fit and well again so I haven't quite got to grips with real life just yet but I'm looking forward to getting 'uping' and 'doing' soon.

As you'll know if you've been here at this time of year before, I do very much adore and enjoy this 'new leaf' feeling at the start of January.  As is usual, my head if full of starting new routines and setting goals, the bullet journal has been dusted off and pressed into action, my to-do list is packed with things to do and I'm dying to purge the house of clutter and clean, clean, clean!



I know lots of folks find January a bit of a trudge but I don't mind it at all.
Ok the weather is a bit.... blah, I'll give you that.  And yes, ok, the light is bad too...
But, it's my birthday month so I am determined to enjoy it and I like to find ways to make it a fun and happy month.  Plus, I do love all these plans and ideas for making positive changes, it seems so inspiring and achievable at this early stage of the game and I find that kind of exciting.

Well, while I ponder my ideas for the year ahead, I'll leave you with a random selection of shots that I seem to have gathered from the last days of 2017.

See you very soon.















S x



#CherryHeart

SUBSCRIBE:

   

Comments

  1. Look like some beautiful gentle days... Do hope feeling much better and a happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New year to you too inspirational lady.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your pics especially the one of your new blanket. It looks yummy. Can't wait to see more. Hope you feel better soon. Happy Birthday. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. With you too ,love January and all its,shiny newness ,also my birthday month .

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm all in for the clean, clean, clean and declutter, declutter, declutter... Always. Lets get started! Happy New Year!
    Xxx
    Annette

    ReplyDelete