Some Summer Things


For some reason, since I've been 'back' I seem to have lost my bloggy voice.  Though I think it's more overwhelmed into silence than lost in fact.

There seems so much that I need to do and so much I was planning to tell you I don't know where to begin.  But I'm going to take a leaf out of Alice's book and begin at the beginning.

I was going to just fill you in on a couple of other little summer happenings and then move on to catch you up on what I've actually been making in the last few months.  Because the crafting doesn't stop, at least, not for much!

We're having a bit of a mini reprise of summer here at the moment, so I guess it doesn't seem so strange to hark back to the paddling pool and the lovely evening dog walks we've been enjoying this year.  The unexpected pleasure of taking Bertie on his daily constitutional have really come into their own during the long summer days.  It's meant we can wait until dinner is done and the sun has lost some heat and with luck, Daddy will be back so we can all go together.  It's nice.
 




Summer is also a time for a major birthday event in our house, although we played it mostly a little more low key this time.  She is eleven this year and so very evidently on the cusp of leaving sweet innocent girlhood behind and veering into the pre-teen zone.  She's not there yet, but there are signs that it won't be long.  There have been some precious days this summer I think.

She wanted to make her own cake.  (Thank you GBBO!)  It had to be angel cake, it had to have drizzled icing and in two colours, she is nothing if not definite.  We also took her for 'Breakfast at Hogwarts' which is a fancy way of describing early entry and a light breakfast buffet at the Harry Potter Studio Tour in Leavesden.  We have visited before but platform 9 and 3/4 has since opened up and she loves to see it all so it seemed appropriate.




Top present this year was the remote control car, followed by anything related to ponies, real or of the 'My Little' kind.  She's slightly obsessed and has loved the chance to have some stable days this holiday.

It's fast becoming a tradition to have paddling pool water fight at some time during the summer and luckily I've managed to dodge this charming pastime by hiding behind the camera.  This year she had a visiting cousin to help her make the fight perhaps a little one sided...

I finally gave in and let Little Miss give Bertie his first bath too.  Being a short haired little hound he really doesn't need much keeping clean but when he decided to sit next to a freshly painted wall it couldn't really be avoided.  He took it quite well and only needed minimal restraint to stay and endure the process.  He redressed thing immediately he was released though by rubbing himself all over with dead lawn.










Next time there will be something crafty, I promise!


S x




SUBSCRIBE:

   



Comments