Christmas Mouse


 I had a little bit of cute company around here this Christmas.  A very sweet little mouse has appeared and luckily it's not the kind that the puss will be too interested in.  She seems to be an adventurous sort of creature, I kept finding her popping up here, there and all over while the seasonal celebrations were going on.

She kept me company while I worked on my Stockings, popped up by the advent calendars, loitered hopefully by the chocolates and even took up residence in our tree.  Now the decorations are packed away she's taken up a vantage point on the mantel nestled among the remaining twinkly lights.




This mousey came to me after the kind Sarah of Say! Little Hen was kind enough to send me a copy of her 'Tea Mouse' pattern to try.  It's a happy little creation that was fun to make.  I have visions of more when time allows.  (I'm thinking there should be a family, I have some finer cotton somewhere which will make some rather handsome children I think.)

It was also a real a pleasure to knit something on straight needles again.  I love my circulars and rarely use anything else but going back to two needles always stirs up a sense of nostalgia from my early knitting days and I do love that.

I made her slowly, fitting her around other things on the go during the busy 'run up' in December but being so small she still came together very quickly.  I liked that Sarah has included everything you need for the pattern, including the templates for the fabric shapes, which is so helpful.  I do love those little fabric touches, it's a chance to add even more personality and they really make this mouse a cut above don't you think?




If you fancy yourself a mousey companion, or indeed a collection of them, then do have a look at Sarah's pattern.  It's too cute not to!

Pattern

Tea Mouse
by Sarah of Say! Little Hen

Tea Mouse on Ravelry

Yarn

Rowan Handknit Cotton



S x




SUBSCRIBE:

   



* Sarah of Say! Little Hen kindly sent me the Tea Mouse pattern free *

Comments